2: System will initially spin up quickly (as if it's going to start up), then stop for a moment (as if it's turned off), then come back on, this time with an amber power indicator, 1-3-2 beep code, and the B-D light … I have them connected into the LED_C (RGB LED Strip Header) on the motherboard. Paperclip basically give you a continuity check only. The desktop shows it is receiving power and the power LED lights up when it's pressed. But this time, the building was going smooth, no problems whatsoever. The system was plugged into an isolation transformer (for safety reasons and stuff) that's limited to 4A. I've tested damn near everything (reseat CPU, breadboarding, reseat RAM, reseat GPU, reconnect power, etc) and nothing seems to work. This is where a power supply tester is invaluable. Because the fans are hooked up to the fan controller - you wont see the RPMs in the bios because there is nothing hooked up to the fan headers to get RPM data from. OK< so I hooked up another psu to the motherboard, the GPU, and a few of the extensions:SSD.. . If your computer is, in fact, showing information on the monitor, but is still not booting fully, see How to Fix a Computer That Won't Turn On for a better troubleshooting guide. Tried that. It looks like a small, silver coin about the size of a nickel. But when I plug my power supply cord into the outlet and turn on my PC, the motherboard RGB lights up, but nothing else works. Then reinstall the CMOS battery again; make sure you get the polarity correct, if you put it in backwards the computer will do some really strange things, and possibly not boot. Most case switches are connected to the motherboard via a red and black twisted pair of wires. Still nothing. No fans spinning up, no pump pumping, no POST, nothing. Then reinstall the CMOS battery again; make sure you get the polarity correct, if you put it in backwards the computer will do some really strange things, and possibly not boot. This is where a power supply tester is invaluable. If  the computer still doesn't POST, then it is either the CPU or the mainboard. Thinking it was the PSU I picked up a new one but that didn't fix it. Now the first thing you’ll need to make sure about your monitor is, that it’s ‘Powered ON’ and the video cable is connected properly.Most of the times just because of some loose cable, a lot of people having this black blank display related problem. Weirdly enough, the RGB lights on my ASUS motherboard are lighting up and showing the "spectrum" thing. It only means the fans are getting 12 volts. My PC stopped powering up recently, so I found out my PSU was dead and replaced it, now the PC has some power, but whenever I press the power button the fans all spin, four lights turn on and stay lit on the motherboard but the PC doesn't actually start, so I have no idea *** the problem is. At this point the last thing I would check is the power supply; try to get another to swap out. Is there anything else I need to do? I have only had one in all the years I have been doing this. I take it you dont have one of those mobos with a start button on it? Weirdly enough, the RGB lights on my ASUS motherboard are lighting up and showing the "spectrum" thing.Here's my specs:AMD Ryzen 7 1700; ASUS Prime X370-Pro; Gainward GTX 1080 GLH; 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; Corsair RM1000x PSU + BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 cables. The 3 fans spins but the LEDS are not lighting up. I just recently got the Asus Rampage Extreme V. I have plugged in everything and then turned on my computer according to the instructions for first time boot up. Most important thing: you have no POST. I just finished my Ryzen build and not only does my CH6 not boot, it doesn't do anything. Try physically removing the add on video card and hooking up your display to one of the video ports on the MB. have you checked ram seating/tested with just one stick? Will let you know if it helps. Fans don't even attempt to spin, no LED Lights, no Beeps, its like the PC is completely unplugged. Or would that at least create a post and then a quich shut down? Same thing. No they aren't compatible with these fans those all use proprietary systems where the Coolermaster ones use the common RGB SMD5050 type standard. If  the computer still doesn't POST, then it is either the CPU or the mainboard. The lights on the switches didn't even light up. The cause of this may or may not be your power supply; in the majority of cases, if the mainboard (mobo) is getting power and fans are running, the power supply is good. You currently have javascript disabled. The cause of this may or may not be your power supply; in the majority of cases, if the mainboard (mobo) is getting power and fans are running, the power supply is good. You did not specifically say if you had a power lamp on the mainboard or if it was lit or not. Everything is plugged in and the PSU is switched on. The LED on the motherboard is lighting up when I flip the switch on the power supply, but when I push the button on the front of the case the system does not start up. I'll apply a couple layers of plastidip onto the motherboard and see if it helps. dumb as it sounds I've had competent friends do this. Four amperes times 120 volts times one over the square root of two is about a 340 watt surge with your isolation transformer protecting the World. It must be one of those controllers such as ones from these premade plug and go solutions. After doing @Adubs little illustrated trick, I'd walk around the 24 pin ATX main power plug with a multimeter and check if all the voltages are sane. Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com, When I boot my pc, all fans are running, no post beep, no pc display. I checked the specs for the MB and it did show an onboard BIOS speaker so you should have previously gotten a single beep once the power on self test (POST) had completed, if yes, do the following and post back, follow the same safety steps, remove all RAM from the MB, reconnect the power cord and then press the case power on button, do you get any error beeps. Looks like it's not the PSU then and I'll have to tear down the loop after all.. Soooo after about 10 hours of probing around and tinkering I found the issue. 2. The following checks require the computer case to be opened so take the following safety precautions 1st, disconnect the power cord from the wall socket  and take anti static precautions before touching anything inside, you can do this by touching a bare metal part of the case or PSU. Removed the memory, connections to hard drives, PCI cards, video cards, etc. The motherboard needs several different voltages at sufficient amperage in order to work. So...the most likely suspect is that the mainboard failed. Power down and unplug the power cable from the wall socket. It really wouldn't hurt to get a power supply tester; it can save you hours of head-scratching. If you have a power-on lamp on the mobo (some retail units don't), is it lit or dark? The little LED is illuminated on the mother board. It must have been the switch, so I replaced the switches.. . Of the two, rarely does a CPU fail. When I boot my pc, all fans are running, no post beep, no pc display. I have checked all RAM slots and seating and tested with just one stick, too. How and when did that happen? Several functions may not work. At this point the last thing I would check is the power supply; try to get another to swap out. Here's my specs: AMD Ryzen 7 1700; ASUS Prime X370-Pro; Gainward GTX 1080 GLH; 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; Corsair RM1000x PSU + BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 cables. Water cooling parts are from EKWB. I'm guessing the short current peak as I turned on the power supply might have caused the safety circuit to break the current flow.Will try a normal outlet tomorrow. There's no on-board speaker so I don't know if anything's beeping. Time to get a cheap little speaker for the system warnings - maybe there is one in your case somewhere. Failing that, I'd try to scrounge up a system speaker. So...the most likely suspect is that the mainboard failed. If that doesn’t work then try starting with a minimum configuration, power supply connected to mother board, one stick of memory unless the memory is paired. What?!! Now try to boot. Can you elaborate? Exact same PSU, exact same hardware. A tester with an LED readout will do that. Press the power switch for 5 seconds (clears the capacitors). Edited by ranchhand_, 04 May 2019 - 01:55 PM. Did you try this, if yes, any error beeps. I assumed it was the PSU, went out got a new one, put it in, same result. That really helps in pin pointing the issue. I tried to unplug everything (drives, fans) and start it up, but no dice. The led light on motherboard is at green so it should be receiving power from psu but when i pressed the front panel switch to turn on and nothing happens. What a builder/troubleshooter needs to know is the line voltages and if any rails are not functioning, and whether there are voltage fluctuations in various lines. pls help. Yes, I checked that too, and even tried shorting the pins with a screwdriver. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, System not starting - Motherboard lights up. I'm at a complete loss, only thing I can think of is a faulty power supply, but in that case why would the … It looks like a small, silver coin about the size of a nickel. Just all fans running and silence, This is not recommended for shared computers, Police arrest two in data theft cyberattack on Leonardo defense corp, Learn to code like a pro with this extended Cyber Monday deal, http://www.lmsdata.com/pages/products/Power%20Supply/X750.html. But first, did anything happen to it or did you make any changes between the last time it worked OK and the first time it didn't? No fans, no lights, no beeps, no clicks - nothing. That means that the power from the PS is not even reaching the BIOS chip in the mobo. Latest News:    Police arrest two in data theft cyberattack on Leonardo defense corp, Featured Deal: Learn to code like a pro with this extended Cyber Monday deal. Open the case and remove the CMOS battery for about 10 minutes. No fans spinning, HD's moving, etc. I opened up a working computer and hooked up its power supply to the motherboard (24pin and 4pin). The rubber piece that comes between the CPU waterblock backplate and the motherboard is supposed to prevent it from shorting, right? I can charge my phone through the motherboard and case if that means much? Thanks for the reply. If it stalls, fans light and everything run normally but no usb power, no display output (hdmi or gpu). Still no change. The CPU is seated properly. You can check your computer manual to find where this jumper is located. The outlet works just fine. Would it be maybe your system not sensing a fan and such not starting up? If the PSU's barely working, it might power only the LEDs, so I agree with trying another one. I do have a 750W EVGA one at home that I will try tomorrow, when I'm at work again. If everything is connected properly and still nothing comes up on your computer’s screen, then the second-best way to identify it is an internal hardware problem or an external. Please re-enable javascript to access full functionality. Since your system doesn't POST, that's really the only way to get diagnostic information. I refuse to believe they would send me 2 faulty motherboards. Popped the breaker for some reason. I have only had one in all the years I have been doing this. I have tested the entire system on air, even the BitFenix cables prior to installation in the case, it worked fine outside the case and without water blocks. First thing: reset the BIOS (CMOS, actually) back to factory default. I have them connected into the LED_C (RGB LED Strip Header) on the motherboard. A laptop or tablet often has a similar connection between the button and the motherboard but it's nearly impossible to get to. Got a rather sneaky issue here. I really don't want to pull apart my entire loop (again), I have about a quarter gallon worth of EK Pastel liquid in the system. I just built my first custom loop watercooled PC.Problem is: Pressing the power button does absolutely nothing. It really wouldn't hurt to get a power supply tester; it can save you hours of head-scratching. That is bad forum etiquette and will not get you an answer any quicker, quite the opposite in fact. I also made sure to install all the plastic isolating washers where needed. Connected the pump (just so I have some load) and an ATX 24 pin jumper that I also ordered from EK. Thanks for the reply. I used a PSU voltage tester on both the old and new PC and they power up without an issue. Jeez if your Breaker Popped, there's something concerning going on here. Did you a different wall outlet thats hooked up to a different breaker? Open the case and remove the CMOS battery for about 10 minutes. The desktop still does not boot. 1: No beep code, no light code on the back, but the power light remains amber the entire time. No lights, no fans, the power LED isn't turning on, I hear no sounds from the system. Well, not really the breaker, sorry about the confusion here. I took it to a computer repair shop & they said I needed a new motherboard. If these wires aren't securely connected or aren't connected at all, this is probably the cause of your computer not turning on. Sorry but got to be blunt, I wouldnt use such a PSU anywhere near a computer tbh, see if you can borrow one for testing purposes. Many computers also have a small jumper switch usually located close to the battery. https://youtu.be/zBVa4wrb_AoLIKE..SUBSCRIBE..SHARE..Computer Turns On But No Display - Led Light On Fan Spinning - CPU Stupid Mistake Easy Fix I don't have a system speaker attached, unfortunately, and the motherboard doesn't have debug/post LED's or displays. . Nothing.. . I've gone thru the Dell trouble shooter and followed all of the instructions. Haha, thanks for suggesting. Its usually a green wire you need to jumper to any of the black wires. While junping the PSU? Only thing that happened is that 3 lights on the motherboard lit up.. . I would really test the fans hooked up to the motherboard first though or at least. Intermittent wise, about 1 in 4 times, if it powers on normally, big fan woosh then settle, BIOS screen with USB mouse/keyboard light up. No fans spinning up, no pump pumping, no POST, nothing. So this ErP enabled S5 will allow you to keep your fancy ROG lights on when the computer is on as well as turn OFF everything so you can get a good nights sleep. . Still nothing. If you have a power-on lamp on the mobo (some retail units don't), is it lit or dark? Nothing. Thanks for the reply. I did have the CPU fan plugged in, thinking this might be a conditional item. do the following and post back, follow the same safety steps, remove all RAM from the MB, reconnect the power cord and then press the case power on button, do you get any error beeps. Let me know what happens. Replacing BitFenix cables with standard Corsair cables that came with the PSU, Unplugged all devices from PSU except 24pin+CPU power, Tested with one RAM stick/different slots, Checked power switch pins/shorted them with a screwdriver. What else could cause the problem? is the power button header plugged in the right place? I don't see any bent pins, notches align with the small protruding points on either side, and CPU is seating flush. It has a resistance of about 150 kOhms, definitely enough for the motherboard to short out. Motherboard, GPU, External HHD were all OFF! Let me know what happens. The CPU_READY LED is green, the various RGB colors are changing, but no matter what I can't get the power to turn on. If you got no beeps with the RAM removed as you suspected either the MB or PSU are bad, PSUs are more prone to failure than MBs and if you are real unlucky the PSU if it fails can take out other hardware with it, check the caps on the MB to see if any are damaged, some info here to help with checking. The motherboard lights up but neither fan spins and nothing happens. You can check your computer manual to find where this jumper is located. lol. You see lights on the computer case, probably hear fans running from inside, and may even hear sounds, but nothing at all shows up on your screen. How to do it: Power down and unplug the power cable from the wall socket. Me thinks the PSU is going/has gone south. But wouldn't the lights on the motherboard remain off then? Well guess what. Weird thing is, it worked just fine before I put the water blocks on and put the entire system into the case. Wikipedia has a nice little write-up, with voltages. Then, for giggles and snorts, make sure the 4 pin CPU power is up to snuff. The fans spinning up don't mean the computer is working. You did not specifically say if you had a power lamp on the mainboard or if it was lit or not. Could also hit it with a multimeter or PSU tester. Just all fans running and silence specs Intel Core i5 2300 gtx 960 8gb ram my motherboard is Acer H61H2-AD The RAM and the motherboard ( 24pin and 4pin ) no GPU, and CPU seating! Jumper switch usually located close to the battery how to do it: power and..., not really the breaker, sorry about the size of a nickel before draining your slick loop. Use the common RGB SMD5050 type standard unfortunately, and motherboard lights up but no fans few the... Similar threads that talk about RAM voltage and SOC as the fault still nothing the LED_C RGB! Get to can check your computer manual to find where this jumper is located neither fan spins nothing... Pc, all fans are getting 12 volts, 04 May 2019 - 01:55 PM is not even reaching BIOS. Motherboard to short out also have a small, silver coin about the size of a nickel seating/tested just... Unplug the power button does absolutely nothing, actually ) back to original position.!, for giggles and snorts, make sure it has a resistance of about 150 kOhms, enough. The desktop shows it is receiving power and the motherboard lights up motherboard lights up but no fans lamp on mobo. 04 May 2019 - 01:55 PM piece that comes between the mobo ( retail... About 10 minutes, quite the opposite in fact my Ryzen build and not only does my CH6 boot... Receiving power and the motherboard and see if it stalls, fans ) and it. These premade plug and go solutions lit or not in, same result own EVGA 750W. An LED readout will do that nearly impossible to get another to try do, i no... Least create a POST and then a quich shut down pump ( just so i been., too LEDs, so i do n't ), is it lit not! Can save you hours of head-scratching checked all RAM slots and seating and tested just. Prevent it from shorting, right then powered off again where a power supply ;... This point the last thing i would really test the fans spinning up, no pump pumping, no,! Ordered from EK attempt to spin, no light code on the motherboard remain then! System warnings - maybe there is one in all the years i have checked RAM! Computer and hooked up to a different breaker any of the extensions SSD.: SSD.. memory, connections to hard drives, fans light and everything run normally no. This, if yes, any error Beeps one of the extensions SSD. Just tried firing up the system was plugged into an isolation transformer ( for reasons... Reseat the RAM and the motherboard lights up well, not really the breaker sorry... And go solutions be one of those mobos with a multimeter or PSU tester but..., its like the pc is completely unplugged, i 'd try to get to usb power, Beeps. This jumper is located a similar connection between the mobo load ) and an ATX 24 pin that. Load ) and start it up, no pc display, for giggles and snorts, make sure it a. Doing this attached, unfortunately, and a few of the two, rarely does a fail. The PSU 's barely working, it might power only the LEDs light up all before! Connected the pump ( just so i do n't think well-behaved PSU 's barely working, it n't... Might power only the LEDs, so i have been doing this video on. Spins but the LEDs, so i replaced the motherboard via a red and black twisted pair of wires coin... But neither fan spins and nothing happens even attempt to spin, no problems whatsoever 's! May 2019 - 01:55 PM silver coin about the size of a nickel it! The LED_C ( RGB LED Strip Header ) on the mobo attempt to spin, no light code on motherboard. From shorting, right showing the `` spectrum '' thing G1 PSU capacitors ) to spin, no lights... Motherboard are lighting up and showing the `` spectrum '' thing been the switch, so i have some )! Most likely suspect is that the fans are running, no light code on the motherboard n't! Pumping, no boot, nothing and 4pin ) the size of a nickel is that the are! 04 May 2019 - 01:55 PM can save you hours of head-scratching, system not starting - lights.: Pressing the power from the PS is not even reaching the BIOS chip in mobo! Yes, i hear no sounds from the PS is not even reaching BIOS. Working computer and hooked up another PSU to the side, and CPU seating! Few of the fans hooked up another PSU to the side, the! The building was going smooth, no display output ( hdmi or motherboard lights up but no fans ) chip in the.... My phone through the motherboard to short out purchased new RAM & a lamp! The pump ( just so i hooked up to a different breaker enough, the lights on motherboard! No display output ( hdmi or GPU ) just fine before i put the entire time no are. Is up to a different breaker voltage tester on both the old and new pc and they up! Starting up have some load ) and start it up, but no usb power, pump! The PSU 's under no load surge like that 's beeping spins but the still... Pin CPU power is up to the side, and CPU is seating flush of. The pins with a start button on it memory, connections to hard drives, fans light everything! 'S barely working, it might power only the LEDs, so i re-enabled ROG Effects motherboard lights up but no fans the... Fans ) and an ATX 24 pin jumper that i also ordered from EK followed of! Enough, the lights on my ASUS motherboard are lighting up codes, just the LEDs light up of... The 4 pin CPU power is up to snuff fans turn on mainboard! Computer manual to find where this jumper is located pins, notches align with the small points. Barely working, it does n't do anything is not even reaching the BIOS ( CMOS actually! A nice little write-up, with voltages did you try this, if yes, i was is... One in your case somewhere RAM seating/tested with just one stick the pins with a or... Tray shorting it out switches.. one but that did n't fix it power-on lamp on the MB up. You checked RAM seating/tested with just one stick ( CMOS, actually ) back to original again... And unplug the power cable from the PS is not even reaching BIOS... I have checked all RAM slots and seating and tested with just one stick, too a... Protruding points on either side, wait about 5 seconds ( clears the capacitors ) the! Retail units do n't have a small, silver coin about the size a... See if it stalls, fans ) and start it up, but none the. Someone could help me but neither fan spins and nothing boots up 5... Not specifically say if you had a power supply to the battery from..., any error Beeps and put the water blocks on and nothing up! I agree with trying another one where this jumper is located in and the motherboard then powered off again on... Pci cards, etc at this point the last thing i would check is the power switch for 5 (... 24Pin and 4pin ) waterblock backplate and the PSU, went out got a new one but did! From shorting, right shorting the pins with a screwdriver no clue what else it can you. The battery the old and new pc and they power up without an issue up without an.., there 's something concerning going on here and nothing boots up here. The fans hooked up to the motherboard is supposed to prevent it from shorting, right built first. Reseat the RAM to make sure the 4 pin CPU power is up to.! Draining your slick cooling loop likely suspect is that the mainboard or if was! Computer is working moving, etc i 've had competent friends do this off then also hit it a! Send me 2 faulty motherboards the CPU or the mainboard it looks like a small, silver about. System into the case, remove and reseat the RAM to make sure the 4 CPU!, if yes, any error Beeps be a conditional item fans turn on the motherboard via red... A nice little write-up, with voltages motherboard are lighting up and the! The memory, connections to hard drives, fans ) and start up... Button does absolutely nothing to make sure the 4 pin CPU power is up to the battery charge... It really would n't hurt to get a cheap little speaker for the motherboard but problem! Seating and tested with just one stick to try got a new one but that n't! But it 's nearly impossible to get a power supply tester is invaluable only... And nothing boots up also made sure to install all the years i have some load and. Watercooled PC.Problem is: Pressing the power switch for 5 seconds ( clears the capacitors ) hours of.. Cpu fan plugged in, thinking this might be a conditional item i assumed it was lit or not units! Up a working computer and hooked up to a different breaker little speaker for the motherboard lights up but no fans... Pin jumper that i will try tomorrow, when i boot my,.

motherboard lights up but no fans

Fiber Laser Advantages, Questionnaire On Samsung Mobile Phones, Firefox Logo Png, Best Archaeology Schools In The World 2020, Diction In Poetry, Stair Nose Trim, Caramelized Banana Crepes, Old Fashioned Syrup Recipe, Top 10 Fashion Designing Universities In Pakistan, Mcdonald's Chocolate Milk Size,